Etherealsphere

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one

When the brain converts ethereal energy into words and writing, we manifest into the material world what we are dreaming in our mind. ~Don Miguel Ruiz

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, UTAH, United States

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Dance Naked

There will come a time when everybody
Who is lonely will be free...
To sing & dance & love

There will come a time when every evil
That we know will be an evil...
That we can rise above

Who cares if you're so poor you can't afford
To buy a pair of mod a go-go stretch-elastic pants...
There will come a time when you can even
Take your clothes off when you dance
~Frank Zappa

I love these lyrics. I used them in a wedding ceremony I performed. My message was not to take marriage so seriously. But, I think the real message is about freedom. Freedom from the restrictions that society places on us. Wait, I guess it is not society that places the restrictions but us. We place restrictions on our behavior and feelings based upon wanting society to approve of us. In fact, we go on 'clothing' ourselves with a model of what we think people want to see in us. Well what happens when the clothes no longer fit? What happens when the style is no longer in? When we discover that society has moved on to the next best design and left us behind. Is it then that loneliness permeates? Is it then that we view the world and society as uncaring and thoughts of doubt about who we are begin to creep in. Is it societies fault when we fall? Hmmm, today I came to work in a beautiful pair of black slacks and a light pink cashmere sweater. As I walked into the door I imaged that I was naked. My heart chakra open, my smile welcoming each person I greet to take a look at my nakedness. Tomorrow, I think I will wear my comfort clothes, a baggy pair of khakis and a t-shirt. My wardrobe is as varied as my moods, but my nakedness is always the same. As I walk past a co-worker I feel judging eyes upon my behind. I guess I had better hit the gym tonight; I think I will try Jazzercise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home